Grammy's 2017 - what a show! From Beyonce's amazing performance (pregnant!) to Adele winning 5 Grammy's (well deserved!). Glam was on another level this year. To be honest, when I used to watch years ago, I would always wonder "WHO is doing their makeup??" and not with a positive connotation. Of course this was before social media and you never really knew who was doing their makeup unless you were in the industry or if it was mentioned in a blog/article. Red carpet glam then, was very different from the red carpet glam today. It was either non-existent or dramatic - but neither pretty. Now, red carpet makeup has aligned with social media makeup - true GLAM! This years beauties were all about the metallics! Shimmering eyes with nude or red lips - ideal red carpet makeup with an extra umph!
Now lets get to the point of this blog: what makes red carpet - glam? What do red carpet celebrities do that us average women don't do? I mean, besides having the best of the best on their team to glam them up, here is some extra info that will put you on that red carpet level:
1. Diet - not just losing weight but detox cleanses, healthy eating and specific habits for about a month. Helps get their body in shape & skin looking great!
2. Spray tanning - bigger than ever! There is definitely more organic versions for those of you who are against this (google the place nearest you). It hides away any skin imperfections, makes your skin look smoother and give you the healthy glow.
3. Skin glow - body oils, shimmers and bronzers are KEY. They may be much to the naked eye, but on the red carpet - you skin is perfection.
4. Syringes - I don't want to have to put this part in here because I don't want to imply that this is something you MUST do in order to look red-carpet glam. But botox and fillers are very common for celebrities right before a red-carpet event, especially one like the Grammy's.
5. Extensions - almost always extensions are used for either length or fullness on these special days. The second the hair goes in - bam! Instant glam.
6. Glow Facials - Facials called Oxygen, Collagen, Red Carpet and similar. These facials give you that radiance you need without any intensive procedures. You need to do this a few days before the event.
So next time you have a special event, try a tip or 2 from the list above. Most importantly, don't take any risks and do something you've never done. Don't TEST on a special day, know exactly what to expect. And if you don't do any of the above and you look and feel confident, then kudos to you! You're 5 steps ahead of anybody else.
Hi, I am Lilit...welcome to my colorful world! I have been a professional makeup artist for 13 years and I am based in Los Angeles, Ca. This is where I blog about all my favorite things, from beauty & fashion to travel & lifestyle. As a beauty educator, I run workshops at my own studio, here in LA. 2015 sees the launch of my own formulation, Elcie Cosmetics. Follow me on my journey...